Update: Applications for the 2013 writers challenge are now closed.
As you know, I write all of the content on this blog.
There was a point in time when I had a few talented staff writers, but I just didn’t feel like having other writers allowed me to clearly promote a unique voice and perspective regarding Christian finances.
Also, it’s been over a year since I’ve allowed anyone but my wife to guest post on the site.
However, during a short window of opportunity, all that is going to change.
I need a break from the demands of coming up with new articles each and every week. I’ve been doing this for almost three years now. Our family is shortly going to be transitioning from living in Papua New Guinea to living in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I’ll be saying goodbye to the life of a missionary and saying hello to life as a missional entrepreneur.
I want an opportunity to step back from the writing process to reflect on the direction of the blog in the future.
Announcing the MH4C Writers Challenge
Feature your article on this web site and get paid for doing it.
Write an article and submit it, and you’ll get paid as long as your article is one of the top 10 articles I receive.
Articles must be submitted by March 12th. You’ll be notified by March 19th if I’ll be including your article in the challenge (it must be one of my top ten favorite articles). If I don’t include your article, you are welcome to submit it to another website as a guest post.
I’ll be publishing articles on the following dates: April 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, May 2, 7, 9.
(During those dates, I’ll be enjoying time with my family in Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Thailand, Canada, and Hungary.)
Benefits of Participating:
- You have an opportunity to promote your writing to an audience of nearly 4,000 readers (the reader count posted on this blog doesn’t include over 500 readers).
- You have an opportunity to get links and traffic back to a blog or website.
- You have the opportunity to get paid.
Here’s the Criteria:
- You must be the original author and all content must be 100% unique (i.e. not already posted somewhere on the internet).
- The article should be between 500 – 800 words.
- The article must be a topic related to personal finance. It can be any personal finance topic.
- You are welcome to link to your own material and your own blog (if you have one – not required). You can have a link in the intro byline to your blog and to a twitter account. In the article, you can have two links back to relevant articles on your website.
- You are willing to interact with reader comments.
- Remember, this is a Christian blog so any material that doesn’t jive with Christian standards will not be included.
Note: I won’t be doing any editing. This means if you don’t meet the criteria I won’t be able to include your post.
When the articles are submitted, I’ll pick the top 10 articles (based on my personal preference) to publish.
To submit an article, send it to mhforc at gmail dot com. In the subject line, please write “Article Submission”.
I’ll judge the popularity of each article based on the highest number of Facebook Shares + Twitter Retweets + Google Plus counts.
Yes, you are more than welcome to shamelessly promote your article to all your friends and ask them to share it and Retweet it!
- Articles 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 will each get $30.00.
- Articles 3 and 4 will get $40.00.
- Article 2 will get $50.
- The most popular article will get $75.
Winning articles will be announced on the blog on May 14th, and all payments will be sent via Amazon Payments by May 18th.
If you have any questions or if I’m overlooking anything, please ask in the comment section below.