Don’t do it. I’m serious. Don’t use your credit cards to pay for your Christmas gifts (unless you have the cash to pay off your bill at the end of the month). Since Christmas is only three months away you need to decide TODAY how you plan to fund your Christmas spending and travels. Read this post on how to have a Debt-free Christmas this year.
MH4C Book Club
In case you missed it last week starting in October we will be having an MH4C Book Club. You can get more information here. We will be reading Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century. I am 3/4 of the way through the book and I am really enjoying the content!
Recommended articles from the week
- Moolanomy asks What Is Your Lending Club Performance? Since Lending Club reports high returns and everyone seems to think it is such a good idea I was glad to see a more realistic number of 2.49%. If you invest or are considering using people to people lending you might want to check out this article and read through the comments.
- Get Rich Slowly shares some Essential Personal Finance E-Books. If you are looking for some free or cheap financial reads, check out this post.
- The Simple Dollar has a list of his Essential Bookshelf 2009. A great list if you are thinking about buying some books to add to your own bookshelf.
- If you are a movie watcher you might want to take a look at ChristianPF’s list of Cheap Movie-Renting Alternatives. Since I live overseas and there is not a single movie rental location in my town this does not apply to me, but hey, this blog is about you – not me. Just passing along the good stuff when I find it!
- Frugal Dad ponders the benefits of starting an opportunity fund. Made me wonder if I should start one, but ultimately I think my vacation fund will suffice.
- The Digerati Life shares some proof that Dollar Cost Averaging Works. The thing I love about DCA is the simplicity. Don’t we all need just a little more simplicity in our lives?
Carnivals and MH4C On the Web:
My weekly post at Bible Money Matters The Importance of Financial Focus and How it Leads to Results