Welcome to our first edition of Money Saving Mondays. In this afternoon post, I’ll quickly introduce a topic and then let you leave your tips and suggestion. At the end of the month, I’ll pick my five favorite money saving tips for the month and let the readers vote for their favorite. Each month the winner will get a special give away.
The give away this month is a free premium PocketSmith membership. PocketSmith is an online budgeting tool. This prize is a $60 value (one year premium membership cost). A special thanks to the folks at PocketSmith for providing this prize.
What is PocketSmith?
What makes PocketSmith unique is their forecasting tools. With the forecasting tools, you get a look at what things will look like in the future – not just today.
Here’s what the PocketSmith site has to say:
The unique forward-focus of PocketSmith tells you what sticking to budget means for the future of your money. It is a crystal ball for your bank accounts.
PocketSmith lets you plan and budget for what might happen. Predict what would happen if your car broke down. Find out what a pay raise would mean for a family vacation. This knowledge allows you to hope for the best, but reliably plan for the worst.
Calendars make more sense
A top-to-bottom spreadsheet view of your upcoming financial events is not particularly comfortable.
This is why we use a calendar to allow you to schedule your upcoming income and expenses. You’ll see how it just means more, and you’ll love how natural this feels.
You can head over to PocketSmith and get a feel for things with their free membership. If you plan to use PocketSmith very much, you will need to get a premium membership.
To be eligible to win a free one year premium membership, just leave a comment with your favorite money saving tip on the topic at hand.
Save Money On Groceries
Here’s my five quick ways to save money on groceries:
- Be willing to visit multiple stores – since different stores have different items for sale, if you buy sale items at 2 or 3 stores you can save a significant amount of money.
- Purchase off name products. What if your family doesn’t like the generic brand? Put them to the test with your own taste test.
- Build your meal around a meat, and go to the discount meat section first. Most stores will discount meat when it is close to expiration. You can save 30-50% by buying your meat and cooking it that same day.
- Coupons – wow, that was really original. Anyone have a good system for using coupons?
- Leave the kids at home. Man, those little gaffers really get hungry when they enter into a grocery store. Save money and your sanity by avoiding all the, “mommy can you buy …” questions.
- Don’t foreget the grocery shopping list.
More ways to save money on groceries.