What if you were to script your life today? As Stephen Covey says in
|Seven Habits of Highly Effective People|
Habit Number 2: begin with the end in mind.
We ought to do the same in our financial lives. See the end and then decide today based on that end.
What do you want to do with your money?
- I want there to be peace between my spouse and I on issues of money.
- I want to help the church, the poor, the needy.
- I want to do what I love – I’ve been thinking about changing careers.
- I want to travel.
- I want to stay home with the kids.
- I want to volunteer at the church.
These are decisions that typically only those who begin with the end in mind get to make.