How To Save Money When Expecting A Baby
- Minimize your purchases until after your baby shower.
- Here’s one that embarrasses my wife – be willing to return/exchange shower gifts. Better to have want you want then something that you’ll never use.
- Tell your friends. Baby needs don’t last forever so there is probably someone who has a kid who just grew out of something. The would be glad to give it to you if they knew.
- Consider negotiating the cost of delivery. Better yet, have you baby somewhere that has cheaper medical costs.
- Write these words on a paper and put it in a public place “What I spend on this baby in now way dictates how much I love him or her.”
- Buy it when you need it. Far too many people buy infant items that they never need. They want to be prepared, but …
- Shop at Sam’s Club for diapers and wipes. Buy one package of each to have on hand for when baby comes home.
- Precook meals. When the baby is in the house you’ll be tempted to eat out more often.
- If your wife is still working start cutting costs now and save every penny. Especially, if you wife does not plan to go back to work.
- Before going out and buying a new maternity wardrobe see how long you can wear what you have. You might only need to buy maternity clothes for the last few months.
Leave your comment now …